Reading time: 2 mins
Your customer’s experience is key, and how they view your bills makes a difference in how they understand your bills, their ability to request clarification or dispute charges, their proclivity toward early payment, and as a result, your cost to serve them.
Several factors determine the best possible presentation model;
- Complexity — are your bills simple and always the same, or have variable line items and layers of charges?
- Clarity — do your bills sometimes need clarification, like a first bill, change in service, or last bill?
- Bill Type — is your billing based on periodic statements that sum up products or services delivered or invoices, where each delivery is paid separately?
- Opportunity — do your bills present an opportunity for additional sales with individually targeted offers that vary over time?
- Media — do your bills need to display properly on a variety of devices?
These factors determine whether a simple summary backed by a PDF of the bill or a more sophisticated and dynamic presentation with sorting, filtering, charts, and drill-ins makes sense.
In short, the more sophisticated and variable your billing, and the more you want to use the bill as a way to communicate timely, personalized offers, the more you’ll benefit from a dynamic presentation. A well-considered dynamic bill presentation can reduce calls and disputes AND create new sales, saving you time and money while improving cash flow.
But remember, always keep it simple. Give customers a quick summary and a quick way to pay. If it looks good at the top level, they won’t bother to drill in and you’re more likely to get paid early.
Sorriso Smart Suite supports all these models. Join our mailing list, or schedule a 15-minute discovery call with one of our industry experts. Let’s see if Sorriso Smart Smart Suite is right for your business!